Monday, October 21, 2019

Alumni Spotlight: Ricky James (MDiv, 2014)


Since graduating from CIU I have been providing spiritual guidance as it relates to pastoral counseling (including spiritual and mental health/psychiatric assessments, evaluations, and therapy); teaching and preaching God's Word. Pastoring a congregation (Hickory Hill Baptist Church' Orangeburg SC. Preaching weekly sermons, weekly Sunday School, and Bible studies & prayer services. 

How has my degree helped me? 

In a nutshell: "To know Him and make Him known." In other words, develop effective study strategies; prepare timely sermons; depend on consistent prayer life; submit myself to my spiritual calling; deny myself and tey as much as I am able to follow after Jesus' teaching (this I am constantly developing). 


No comments:

Post a Comment