Monday, December 16, 2019

Alumni Spotlight: Larry Evans


Larry has been staying busy doing outreach ministry in the form of helping Veterans and their family members receive compensation or pension benefits. He started a nonprofit 501 (c)3 organization in 2013 called "The Veterans Information Workshop" providing workshops throughout the state of South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia to inform Veterans and their family members what VA Benefits they may be entitled to. 

"My degree from CIU in (Pastoral Care) has really helped me in so many ways that's unreal. So many of our Veterans suffer from PTSD or other related illnesses due to their military service. By me providing these workshops I come in contact with many who are suffering from a related service illness and need to talk to someone who can relate to their problem by me being a Veteran they feel comfortable talking with me. I have been able to counsel so many that I have come in contact with over the years simply by starting this workshop. We never know how God will work out a plan to bring healing and peace to his people."

No comments:

Post a Comment